Friday, January 06, 2006

Lori
Happy New Year!!!
We just returned from a trip of a life time. Joe, the kids and I went skiing in Durango, CO. The mountain is called Purgatory...We have been there... BK (before kids)but never like this... We stayed in a condo 15 ft. from the rentals and 20 ft from the slope. It was amazing!!! We left Friday am and stayed the night in NM. We arrived on Saturday and it snowed 10 feet that night. New Year's Eve they had this awesome parade of lights skiing down the mountain and better fireworks then the 4th of July. The snow was the highlight.(can you tell I'm an AZ. girl???) The powder was better than amazing and the conditions were perfect.All my kids learned to ski and did it quite well... since this was there first time skiing ever. Lexi and Gabi took 1/2 day lessons and Dominic already knew enough... (say's him). I'm sure the hockey player in him let him catch on so quickly.
Another highlight of the trip was to go to the Four Corners Monument. We loved standing in four states at one time.
I loved all my vacations as a child, with my family until I got to be THAT age, when it was more important to be with my friends... Not that I do not cherish that time either... but I know there will be a time "they" (my kids) will not want to be around us so much.It's late and I must rest.
I promise to do my tag tomorrow.
Lori
ps; It was so great to hear from you Tamara... You look great and you also flooded my heart with so many memories of when Chris and I were inseperatable. You are a big part of my past and I have missed you too. XO
01:14 am

3 Comments:

At 4:38 AM , Blogger Ann Marie said...

Oh what a super, super nice trip Lori! The picture says it all!!

Ayn

 
At 5:12 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

Lori, I'm in Chandler for a few months and would love to see you and meet your children.

Call me please: 727-809-0606

Love and hugs,

Tamara

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

Lori...that is her cell phone, she has it with her.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home