Friday, January 06, 2006

Lori
Ok, here it is... My first tag on blog... I think it's kind of the same as those many question e-mails that gives us unusual but interesting info about yourself that everyone might not know... Like you favorite flavor vanilla or chocolate...Or kisses vs. Hugs... You know the annoying things...
The 5 Weirdest Habits of Lori ...
1. I love those Dumb e-mail chain letters that allow me to find out more about my friends. I always do them and barely receive them back...Thanks alot!!! I love E-mail. I always feel loved or thought about when I receive them. I also love cards, sending and receiving, I hand make them because it comes from the heart, It's the way I feel when I receive one.
2. I clean up for the maid... My husband thinks that this is one of the funniest thing about me. I just think it's polite and she could do a better job if it's not as bad as it would have been.(I tell him it's the picking up that I do so she has more time to clean) I really can't justify it when I read it in print.
3. I hate surprises... I mean, I LOVE them but hate them too. If I can sneak about, I usually do(I hate that about me). That is why my husband is a last minute shopper or has done some crazy things to keep me in suspense. ie; Last year we went to a jewerly show and I fell in love with these beautiful earrings and I knew he knew...I really wanted them... So he had Holly our Jeweler call the office and leave a message that the item he wanted was sold out and it would be 8-10 weeks before they could get another pair! Like I would not see that on his desk at the office (we work together)... So he bought me a beautiful ski jacket instead... And hid the earrings in the pocket wrapped in a different box. He knows me too well.
4. I'm a clean freak... I think it comes from years in the OR and a sterile environment... But, I did not notice how OCD I am until my last born Gabi has picked up all my strange habits... It's weird to see it in your kids... She only opens the bathroom door(in public) with a papertowel after washing her hands . Never touches the unknown. Does not use railings... Uses hand snatcher till it comes out her pores... It goes on and on... More OCD's... Made bed everyday(no excuses last one out has to do it)...No dishes in sink. Trash cans clean with no trash in it. Clean car. It only gets worse as I get older.
5. This was harder than I thought... It's taken me all day to come up with this last one... And I even consulted Joe and he of course said right off the top... The clean up for the maid!! LOL!
This one even he does not know only my close personal friends laugh at me on this one.
***I buy two of the same things so that I can use it...weird huh...I do this so I can keep one and save the other. Example: scrapbook supplies; I'm a compulsive buyer and have to have all the new things and gadgets... I will not use my supplies if I only have one because I might want to use it another time then I won't have it... Scarry huh... I'm the same with candles.. I will not burn it because then I will not have it... I'm getting better at this one because I have so many damn candles. I could supply any candle store with the inventory I have... But, I truly love the flickering light, The soft glow, the containers,the soft sent through out the rooms in my house, and the memory of the place or person who bought them for me... Mostly my Mom... She loves candles even more that I.
WOW... Probably more info. Then you needed but it was kind of therapeutic. Thanks for thinking of me Chris...

6 Comments:

At 3:42 PM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

When I use to have a maid I would do the same thing Lori...souldn't let her thing I was a pig.

Don't judge me. LOL

I finally decided that I was just too anal for a maid because after they came I was a nervous wreck moving all my stuff back into place. One time we had a new service come in and there were two of them...they put my kitchen decoration in the living and my living decorations in the first floor bathroom and my living room stuff in the family.

I almost had a a melt down. It was the last time. Ever.


Thanks for playing along.

 
At 3:43 PM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

(couldn't let her think I was a pig)


WHERE did I learn to type?

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

Oh yeah....to put your picture in you have to know the path name of the picture:

C:\Documents and Settings\adp\My Documents\My Pictures\selfportrait\

 
At 4:34 AM , Blogger Ann Marie said...

Hi Lori,

Just wanted say I enjoyed your list and even more so, in that I was diagnosed with OCD this last year and know so little about it. I don't have the "let's be super clean" kind. Shoot!

Your picking up for the maid makes sense to me. I'd like to think she was going to do instead floors, windows, real dusting, etc.

And, in your honor, we are now lighting one of those new Christmas candles we received and were afraid of using up. Ok, deep breath, we can do this!

Awe sweet lime! Thanks, Lori!!

 
At 4:37 AM , Blogger V said...

Lori, it`s so nice to be here.
That was such a nice thing your husband did for you. Surprise!
V

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

nonononono

that line don't judge me is from that really, really stupid show Earl. It is so dumb and every time it comes on I swear I am going to change the channel......but I just can't.

The old woman has a gambling problem but she keeps telling everyone not to judge her. I think the line is funny.



I didn't mean I didn't want you to judge me...you are too sweet to judge me Lori. I know that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home