Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Lori Happy Valentine's Day!!!! I love holidays... I woke early to make my traditional heart shaped pancakes... I still get very excited kids running to the table... Since during the weekdays we usually have very quick breakfast... Usually on the go. The only time we have a nice hearty and family style breakfast is weekend or a holiday... Usually you are on your own... I dress the table up sue Valentine dishes red cups with cranberry juice, and red heart shaped pancakes...(not RED this year someone used all the red food coloring on a school project and forgot to tell me...) Oh well they taste the same. I had a crazy day and really enjoyed the celebration of it all. I bought all the girls in the office red hot body and bath soap...(the smell reminds me of cinnamon red hots) mmmm. Joe got me the perfect card and I was truly happy. No dinner plans just catch up for the big celebration for my dad's big 80th birthday is Sat. At our house. Things are so out of whack... It's been raining and we have work people here every day trying to get things done in between rain drops... It never rains in Phoenix and now... All of the sudden... What's up??? We are laying slate tile in the back and front yard. Building a view fence and tearing down the pool fence for a more open look in our back yard. We are painting the house, fence and all the touch ups... The list goes on.... I have the window cleaners coming Friday and the landscaper tomorrow... Hopefully the rain is over.
Well I'll update you on the party soon.
Hope you had a fabulous Valentine's day!!!
Miss ya.
xoxo

2 Comments:

At 4:52 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

Hi Lori,

I spent some time reading through your entries since my last visit 100 years ago. It is so nice to see that you are doing well! Everything you talk about with the house, kids, family and friends takes me back to when you and Christina were mere teenagers and I was in your shoes. Even laying the slate brought back memories of when I had pavers laid, only unlike your husband, my husband had a cow! He was such a jerk! However, you, Holly and Christina made my life worth living and gave me a reason to endure...

I can't believe that our Dad's are the same age. My Dad will be 81 this month. His wife has been at hospice for 6 months now, she simply refuses to pass on! It's wearing Dad down so badly and I swear she's hanging on just to spite him and his children. What I wanted to say is that I know you must worry about your Dad like I do mine. They are on borrowed time now and its really scary...So have a wonderful birthday party and celebrate his life all you can.

Did I thank you for all your well wishes in regard to my hand? I greatly appreciate your words and love. My hand is deformed now and virtually useless. The good news is that I saw an attorney a few months ago. He strongly feels that we will win in court because his expert said that my ex doctor fell below the standard of care on several issues, one being she should have performed surgery on the type of break I had, especially considering my activity level and age.

Have I told you lately that I am so proud of you? You've grown into such a beautiful woman that loves her family heart and soul.

What happened to my crazy little teenybopper with a painted face and a hand full of quarters in her hand?

Love you,

Tamara

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

I miss you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home