Thursday, January 12, 2006

Lori
Why is it so sad? Why do we cry? The lucky ones get to find out what it's all about. The place we've been promised... I know not being with us all on earth is a bummer... But look at all the old friends and relatives you get to see again or meet for the first time. Are stars seeked out like here on earth? Are people in places or just mingling? Who keeps the robes so white? Am I going to count calories there too? Are these things we all think about to keep us from falling apart?... When all the sad things remind us they are gone from us, for a real long time (I hope) from meeting again? I feel selfish for the loss and constantly have to remind myself this is a celebration of life...
All I can think about is my poor Uncle, who was married to this beautiful woman for 65 years!!! What are his days going to be like? How can you go on with out sharing all the day's event with out that some"one" special?... To death do us part... Wow, they took that seriously... It must get easier, that's what they say... Right? Time... Some of us have it.... Some of us do not? You never know just how much time we have left. That is why you should live each day like it's you last... Tell that someone special that they are loved! We all are not as lucky to live 84 years.

My miss you Aunt Irene Rant!

5 Comments:

At 6:17 PM , Blogger Ann Marie said...

Ahh Lori your concern over your Uncle is obvious, your loss deep. I think we are blessed to have treasured people among us and that much truer their boldness to go on up ahead where peace certainly must exist and bloom. God Bless.

Ayn and all

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

I think it is so hard the longer that people are married...like loosing a limb. The phamtom pain must be unbearable.

One of my very favorite songs is "I can only Imagine" because it talks about what heaven might be like.

I personally think I will fall down flat on my face, humbled beyond words.

And then I hope I get up and dance.

And find my dad.

That is what I hope for.

 
At 9:08 PM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

ps: I am glad to see that you are really getting the feel for the whole blogging thing.

 
At 6:36 PM , Blogger TJ said...

My husband use to ask me to abuse myself more often so we could maybe be close togther when our bodys wear out. I always thought that odd.
As I grow older I understand it more...
Now I am chuckling as you sparked that memory and here I sit thinking I survived cancer, that should make us even or close to it.
I am sorry for your loss.
He may need dinner invites...and lots of calls.

 
At 5:23 AM , Blogger V said...

My prayers continue for your Aunt.
Goodnight, Irene...
V

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home