Friday, January 20, 2006

Lori
I guess I've been tagged...
Top 5 Guilty Pleasures...

1. Manicures and pedicures... I love them and I feel like a princess when I indulge. I do not do it routinely... But, I wish I had the time to... Or... Maybe it wouldn't be such a treat if I did?

2. My house cleaner... I have completely justified it,(over the guilt) the feeling of walking into your home and it is all cleaned at once... It's amazing!!!! Since I work for my husband and do not receive a paycheck this is my payment from him... Plus I'm very cranky when my house is not clean... He is much better off paying for the maid, than my wrath.

3. My car... Joe bought me a new car and well, it's too big... I kindof ran into my brother-in-laws car in my drive way since I did not see him under my car... So, Joe and I swiched cars and he did not feel it was safe enough for the kids and I since I do a lot of driving... So we sat down and researched all the cars and what "he wanted" vs. Safety vs. Cost and he decided on my new recent car purchase... The Porsche SUV... I told him I did not care what he bought me and I would drive anything except a Hummer or of equal size to my new Denali. But secretly I was praying for the Porsche... And it's metallic lapis blue... It drives like a dream. There is no substitute...

4. Wine.... mmmm, should I say more. I'm always watching my weight, since it's what I've been doing since I was a kid... But, I justify it by saying it's fruit... Right... Guilty as charged!

5. Shopping.... I'm really... well usually pretty good when I shop. I like deals, and I do not splurge too much, but occasionally I go a little nuts. I think I like the act of shopping more than the actual buying. I'm actually worse shopping with my husband than without. Let me explain:
When I shop alone I'm always thinking "what is he going to say" or "He is going to kill me"..."That's way too much for that" It's my guilt talking....He rarely even asks about my missions or even notices I bought anything new.
When I shop with him.... He says... ohhh... Go ahead and get it you deserve it!!! He really hates the act of shopping so he rather that it be overwith it, than debate... Not sure? I'm ok with it... hehehe

Well there it is.... top 5 guilty pleasures

10 Comments:

At 7:41 PM , Blogger TJ said...

I love all of them! And I am full of envy! I work for my husband also WITHOUT PAY and he hasn't bought me such a nice car! I think I need to print this and lay it on my desk for Monday so he can read it...LOL!
You got it going on kiddo! loving it!

 
At 12:47 AM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

This so brought back memories of us shopping together....LOL

Boy, considering neither one of us was ever Catholic we both are sure good at the whole guilt thing.


I have missed you. I am so glad to have you back in my life, blogging is like getting to have coffee with you each day.

xxoo

 
At 12:49 AM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

PS: I still go into store and carry stuff around and then decide I really don't want it after all. Drives everyone mad.

 
At 7:44 AM , Blogger lorileo said...

The sweet memories are nice. I also have pop ups(in my mind) when I read your words... I return to the past! Thanks for including me in your world!!! I too miss you and I kick myself for letting time come between us. Just think we used to be neighbors... and now we are a country apart...I wish you could come visit...

 
At 11:53 AM , Blogger Ann Marie said...

Hmm, first thought? If he paid you a check then your income would be a business deduction! That's what my ex's accountant told him. But, I have to admit my hubby didn't treat us to a fine looking Porsche hehehe. GO LORI!!! That'll keep you running with the fast crowd soccer Moms!

I'm saving my envy though for the house cleaner. My inlaws had them and I couldn't sing their praise loud enough. That would be my next challenge ... to afford one every two weeks. I'm pretty sure I could make do with that! She cleans bed linen too?

My friend and I were talking the other day and it seems we've picked up an allergy ... He's swearing that it has to do with my dust and cat hairs. No, let me rephrase, my cats' hairs. ;)

They are totally amazing, right?? Oh yes, we get cranky too. This is like a qualifier, right?? :)

xoxoxox
Us

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

I re-read and I am sooooo glad that Joe spoils you.

Glad to that you married the love of your life!


Now I am off the prime my kitchen (gosh that feels good) because we are painting it red. RED. To match the couch and the rest of the walls will be winter wheat.


xxooxxoo

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger lorileo said...

Chris,
Priming works, We painted the hall burgundy... It's awesome. I love it. I love color in my house too! Green in my bedroom, Terra cotta and seinna in the bonus room, Hall yellow, Office crimson, leather bath, Tommy Bahama (palm trees master bath, the rest of the house is stonish beige except the kids room, Ice blue, pound cake yellow, and hunter green.

Ayn,
The maid... amazing. she does all my sheets and any extra laundry left over for the week. I do laundry every day with these three kids of mine. It's nice to get the extra hand once a week. I really do appreciate it more than words can say.

Our accountant states since we are self employeed it would throw us into a higher tax bracket and that would not be good. The only thing it's bad for is household income and social security... Oh well, we better have a good retirement...
Lori
ps I'm a hockey and ballet Mom... and a cat Mom too... Cupid is a lover!

 
At 4:26 PM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

oh...you will have to post some pics!!!!


xxoo

 
At 1:51 PM , Blogger V said...

A porche, huh?
Woo hoo!
V

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

just wanted to let you know I stopped by for coffee...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home