Saturday, January 28, 2006

Lori Been tagged...

My key is Heather Blue, Jodi green, red of course red, Christina purple, and my self Pink... I'm sorry if I mixed up and quotes on the copying of this tagg from Christina's web site...

15 Years Ago, I:
1. {Was in First Grade}
I, Jodi, on the other hand, was dating this really hot guy. Actually left my fiance...
I, Red, was busy chasing my kids around, Christina was wishing I had listened to my mother and not married that first one...
I, Lori... met my husband at work and fell in love.

2. {Loved to color & play with Barbies}
Was waitressing(Yep I was a BA with a Master Barber license too)...
Was working with autistic and pervasively delayed children
Was still a bean counter and refused to write poetry...
I was a surgical tech at a local hospital and loved trauma

3. {Was 6 years old}
I was 25 years old....
I was 32.
I was 23.
I was also 23.

4. {Thought the sun rose & set with my daddy.}
Thought the sun rose & set with my father...
Was sure my dad hung the moon and stars.
Had been fatherless for ten years.
My dad was my life and strength, and I am lucky to have him.

5. {Traveled to Chicago twice/month to see my dad.}
Took road trips with this 'new' guy. Funny he still hanging around...
Took 3 kids with me grocery shopping weekly.
Daydreamed about being a widow, I had been married for 5 years already.
I vacationed with Joe to many fun places learned and lived life.

10 Years Ago, I:
1.{ Was 11 years old.}
30 years old...
37 years old
28 years young
28 too.

2. {Waiting patiently for my sister Nikki to be born.}
Was a mom to a 3 yr 11 mos 3 day old boy and a 6 week old boy...
Was trying to raise 17 year old twins and deal with a 21 year old.
Began my second life and discovered writing again...
finding my voice.
I was pregnate with my second child Dominic... Thinking been here, done that...

3. {In 5th grade.}
Grade of just life, wishing I could go back to 5th grade...
Wishing I could go anywhere.
Wishing I could cure cancer, at least in one man.
Working part time at a new job ,on the open heart team. Loved it!!!

4. {Thought the sun rose & set with my daddy.}
Was terribly missing my father, who had passed away the previous year...
Was missing my dad as well and trying to help my mom adjust to the loss of my father.
Regretted not having a father to turn to.
Loving the fact that I married a man a lot like my father, a good man.

5. {Was accepted to be a part of the Indianapolis Children's Choir}
Finally moved into a house...
Moved the demon out of the house!
Had the best birthday party of my life and it wasn't even mine.
Loving my Chandler House and struggling with 2 kids and job and husband, contiplating moving to Pregon for job transfer...

5 Years Ago, I:
1. {Was 16 years old.}
Was 35 years old...
Was 42 years old..ick poo.
Was 33 years young.
33 years old

2. {Driving on my own.}
Driving on my own...LOL...
driving Jer up a wall? LOL okay okay....
Was being driven mad by my mom.
Driving too fast and too many miles.
Going in too many directions.

3. {Was madly in "love"}...
In acceptance, toleration and in love...
did not believe in love.
knew the easy peace of more than enough...
Confused on the illness of my husband, but trying to keep it together.

4. {Was a Junior in high school}
The mother of 3 boys 9,5,2 and pregnant with the Diva..
Was living alone for the first time in my life and loving it!
Had different dreams and still had hope for children of my own seed.
My husband diagnosed with cancer. What is my life's lesson???

5. {Skipping school to be rebellious.}
Working within my current field and being the rebellious one I am anyway. Nah..
Working in health care, working on me.
Was too busy dodging bulletts to be rebellious.
Not knowing if I can quit to stay home with my family or needing to stay for the insurance??? Struggling to keep it together...

3 Years Ago, I:
1. {Was 18 years old.}
37 yrs young...
44 yrs old and acting 30.
35 years old...
35 years old

2. {Had my heart broken}
Met my demons head on..
Was learning to trust again.
a widower Almost died for the SECOND time and almost made Charley .
Living in a new home so Incase of disaster (worse case senerio), I would have less up keep...

3. {Started dating Xander.}
Put up a hell of a battle...
felt real love (a side from my children) for the first time.
Found out my brain is not to be trusted.
Making new friends and holding on to my old ones ...

4. {Was a Freshman in college}
Veered off the beaten path...
Never found the beaten path but just kept walking anyway.
Decided that I am going to eat desert first from now on.
Stay at home Mom and learning it's the hardest job I ever had...

5. {Really learned how to party.}
Remembered what it was like to party...
Was trying to remember the party.
Who needs to party? I always feel drunk.
Started to relax and enjoy...

1 Year Ago, I:
1. {Struggling financially, spiritually, and emotionally}
<-------What she said...
<------What they said.
Decided that His will is bigger than mine.
Found balance with job (working for my husband) and kids and home.

2. {Living at home.}
Living at our home.
All six of us... Adjusting to having my mom living in my home.
Happy to be in any home at all.
Enjoying my home, and finished lanscaping the back yard.

3. {Dying to be "legal".}
Wishing to be carded...
Running from AARP!
Realized that I am closer to 40 than 30.
Coming into my age and enjoying my self for who I am... Finally achieved life time member at Weight Watchers. Yea goal!!! Struggling every day!

4. {Was looking for a job that I loved.}
Continuing the quest for the job I love...
Working to pay the bills but not giving up on my dream job.
Wondered if I would ever decide what to be when I grow up.
Realizing... what would my husband do with out me and feeling accomplished.

5. {Rediscovering my faith & preparing for a March retreat.}
Finding clues leading to self admission, honesty with myself....
leading to a rediscovery of ME...
Watching my mom slip away, and trying to keep myself from doing the same.
Prayed for a few souls that I truly agonize over.
Found an old soul I never got over... and thought, I'd lost forever...

4 months ago, I;

1. {Was living with Mary & Caitlin.}
I turned 40. Bleeeeeech!..
I had my first birthday without either of my parents.
Thought I would have children by now.
Experienced the best vacation of a life time and can't wait to go back.

2. {Got my job that I love.}
Still pluggin along.......
Giving myself time to find what makes me happy and working for a living.
Wondered if I will ever make a difference.
Struggling to keep staff at work.

3. {Started to see the light.}
Basked in the light, and let the warmth wrap around me...
Selling my parents home.
Prayed that I never loose sight of the Light.
Praying for the perfect employees.

4. {Was rediscovering my faith}
Looking a bit forward. More than I ever have in my life...
Believing just a tad that I might be lovable and capable of loving.
Had the most Incredible summer vacation of my life.
Trying to keep the balance and be everything to everyone.

5. {Was looking for an apartment.}
Building a manuscript.
Believing in myself, and that guy who has been hanging around for 15 years!..
Realizing that life is one big on going lesson and sometimes I have to do a retake.
Was looking for a reason and a way.
Knowing to keep the faith... I prayed a lot

Yesterday, I:

1. {Cried on & off all day.}
Wrote in a friends blog, to find those words to wrap herself up in, to find comfort, maybe a bit of serenity and
HOPE...

Read some good journals.
I worried about my job.
I worked my day off...

2.{Shed some light on a situation that's been bothering me for months.} Accomplished tons of work!..
Finished going through all the old pictures from my parents.
Received four books in the mail about publishing poetry...scary, scary stuff.
Got a lot done and made my son's day and showed up to school for something important to him...

3. {Had the day off.}
Ugh had to work, drive in snow.
Knew I should have been a teacher! Hee hee..
Worked 6-3, needed a nap.
Helped my husband deal with his Aunt's emanate death...and watched home movies.
Had happy hour with my girlfriends and had too much... FUN...(friend drove me home)

4. {Wrote 8 more songs for my collection.}
Finished a set up for a new template, wrote a scene for a film,did three loads of laundry, went to the store, cooked dinner, changed the cat litter, looked at houses, sat on my ass at 10pm fell alseep at 10:05pm, woke up at 11, fell asleep at

2. Oops...non linear tangent...
::Smile::Finished a good book, worked on so tax stuff, spent time with JC and the animals.
Fell asleep holding "How to Publish Your Poetry" by Helene Ciaravino open to page 23.
Touched base with a friend that I've missed... she shut down when her daughter was diagnosed legal blind at 6 years old. I've tried....

5. {Thought about a friend I missed. }
Thought about all those who have touched my life, however big or however small, it all impacts me...
Thought about friends lost and new ones found, gave thanks for both.
Thought about all that I have lost and missed them.
Prayed for all that I have and thanked God for the blessings. Wondered what the difference is.
Thank God every day for what he has blessed me with!!!

Today, I:
1. {Will tweak my witness for the retreat in two weeks.}
Wrote 4 Behavioral Reports...
Work, attend meetings and finish this.
::smile::
Worked and tried to hold my husband together. Prayed non-stop.
Slept in a little...

2. {Will go to my meeting at 7 for the retreat.}
Emailed that guy(Jer) told him I loved him...
Email my sons and tell them I love them.
Buy something for my granddaughter.
Figured I should do this tag and felt special at the comments on my red kitchen.
Spent the whole day with family.

3. {Will spend the night with Caitlin while Mary's out of town.}
Told all my children I love them...
Tell JC I love her.
Decided I hate the Cabage Soup Diet.
A lot.
Had dinner with both of Joe's brother's and sister-in-law...nice

4. {Will get Starbucks :)}
Cleaned the house before leaving for work. Stop at Dunkin Donuts... Take out the trash, cook dinner.
Will try to get Charley to relax...and not think about his Aunt.
Accomplished one goal for the weekend...chore

5. {Work from home.} .........
Dunno day is still young...
Stop and get a flower for JC.Go to bed...
snuggle.
Finish this tagg...arhhgg...

Tomorrow, I:
1. {Will help Caitlin with homework.}
Help the children with their homework...
Start a new book.
Finish the Bank Recs.
Go to church...

2. {Will welcome Mary home.}
I teach a class on Behavior(Understanding challenging behavior)...
Take four cats to the vet for a nip and tuck.
Wait for Sears repair man to come and fix the washer.
Worry about my job and my husband.
Go shopping with my daughter... she has been begging me to use all her gift cards from Christmas...

3. {Take Tink for her latest shots.}
Will tell all those in my life I love them, just as I did today...
Find something to smile about.
Look for things to write about, secretly wish I was a writer and not an accountant.
Clean my craft room and make a to do list for friend that is going to help me out around the house...

4. {Go to the doctor for this ear infection.}
Look forward to the Sunrise.
Look forward to just being...
Be thankful for what I have and hopful for what the future holds.
Pray for my husband's peace.
Look forward to the next holiday and decorate for Valentines...

5. {Will catch up on alerts, emails, & comments.}
Will begin all over again..
.and forward it moves!..
Be glad that I saw another day.
Find my way to everyone's blog...
Get a jump start on the next day's list... to get a head start...

3 Comments:

At 6:03 AM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

This made my heart sing...and at places my heart heavy. Like the parts about Joe.

Life is so much more than we expected when we were kids, isn't it? I have found it to be better...richer.

xxoo

I missed you too.

 
At 1:39 PM , Blogger TJ said...

Oh!! I loved this ...I have to do it even though I normally don't do anything this long...it is great!!!

 
At 10:19 PM , Blogger Ann Marie said...

Ahh Lori ... you live a very rich life and love well living. I am thinking you've done a lot to keep everything going and deserve the best life offers. Your peace is my peace. *sigh*

us

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home