Saturday, March 04, 2006

Lori
Hi a rough week... My daughter learned a good lesson... To always listen to that little voice in your head... The voice of reason, the voice of decision... She made a bad choice last weekend and now is suffering the consequences, and I'm the mean ole' Mom... Joe tends to play Good cop Bad cop and this one he was on the same page. I remember the days when you wanted to be the best Mom in the world and you promised yourself that you would never do or say those things when you became a Mom... Well guess what... You say the same things your Mom said to you when you were growing up and it hurts me more than it hurts you rings true!!! Man that's not cool....Not that I'm wanting to be a bestfriend... But I want my kids to learn and enjoy life and I always felt like I did not get to do all the fun stuff all the other kids did... But can I use this oldie but goodie.... Things are different now that they were when I was young... uuuggghh!!! I know that was some of the forbidden words... What can you do... What is the right thing to say??? Who knows? You Only can be in the situation and say the right things in the moment... I know if I had more time to think I would have said it better... Who knows?

8 Comments:

At 11:36 AM , Blogger V said...

Lori, sounds like you`re doin` great!
Hugs,
V

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!


I can't tell you how many times I have said things to Alexis and thought:

I my gosh I am channeling my mother. I promise you it is her voice that is coming right out of my mouth.

But life is much, much worse than it was when we were kids. It is.

Really Lori...I WAS a kid with you.

 
At 6:10 PM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

PS: Vince is always the first one to get to the new post... xxoo

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

So did you get snow today????

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger lorileo said...

No snow in our yard but about 5 miles up the road on Pima and Cave Creek there was... Pinnacle Peak was dusted... Nice! It has rained all day and It's wonderful!!! I got up late and slept half the day away. peaceful...

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

Just checking on you...

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger daringtowrite said...

I, too, sometimes regret when my mother or father's words spew out of my mouth. The best I can do some days is to apologize for not finding better ways to express my needs than the ways I was taught and want to unlearn.

 
At 5:09 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

Ohhh Lori, I've not taken the time to smell the roses and in doing so I haven't seen your blog in such a long time. So I did a little catching up...

Your family is beautiful! I hope Joe's hand has healed. And the part that made me smile is reading about how you say the same things your Mother said. Then I naturally read the comments and smiled again at Christina's words.

Times are much different today than when you were a child, as so many things have changed, and not so much for the good eighter.
It's a hard job raising kids in the most innocent of times, I cannot imagine what kind of difficulties parents must have today. However, from the sounds of it you are doing a WONDERFUL job! I always knew that you would. I am so proud of you Lori!

Hugs, prayers and love to you and your family,

T

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home