Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Lori
Life is so busy... I understand the "take time to smell the flowers", It's crazy... Days, weeks and then months... Now years fly by!!! It insane. How do we keep up. I'm not one of those people that marks off days on the calendar, but I do fill the days up with chores, appointments and events for my family and friends. It's amazing I get them all done. Even when you take time off it seems the time flies faster and before you know it you are back in your old routine again. I always love to read those book... Don't sweat the small stuff... And my favorite quotes are the ones that say it's not the clean house and the car you drive that they remember but it sure makes it fun when racing for the end... Is it a race? Rat race... I miss the long summers between grades during my school years and having nothing to do(actually getting bored). Now I even rob my kids of that these days filling up their schedules with play dates and activities and sports. But this is how it's done now a days right??? Who knows maybe my kids will be in therapy and telling the doctor... "My Mom and Dad did too much for me!!!" hahaha...Sorry I must of fell asleep... I was dreaming. Why is it that we want to give our kids so much more then what we had.... Did we have it so bad??? I really think some of the changes happened for other reasons too... Like not being able to let our kids go off on their own...You know when we left in the morning and did not come home till dinner... Stranger danger has really gotten scary. You cannot even let your kids walk home from school anymore... Our school has a NO walk policy... They do not want the responsibility. You can throw a rock to my children's school and they have to take the bus or be dropped off at the front gate... Oh well just think of what it's going to be like when our kids grow up.... Weird huh?
Slow down...Enjoy... Life's too short!~!!
Lori

2 Comments:

At 5:08 AM , Blogger Christina K Brown said...

A NO walk policy...wow.

That is the differenc that is so hard to get use to when moving from a huge city like Phoenix to where I live now. I live in the Tr-cities, it is three little cities all grouped together around a nucluar plant (sound familiar?) but our total population is 250,000. It is weird Lori...people here don't even lock their doors. Really.

They go into the 7-11 and leave their cars running....

A real crime is on the news for months.

You know how on NBC morning news you can have a child's first birthday annouced and their picture shown? Well here anyones birthday can be annouced and their picture can be on the morning show...ANYONE for any birthday. REALLY.


I don't know if I could live in a big city again, I have grown use to it. I like being able to make eye contact with strangers. It is nice.

 
At 7:14 AM , Blogger TJ said...

Times change don't they? I can't imagine for the life of me where we are heading although I often try to imagine it.
Yes the kids have it all now, maybe it is a good thing? I can't be sure. I just know I would rather see a spoiled child then a uncared for one anyday!
Snots, brats and little rugrats..they are our future.LOL!
TJ

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home