Saturday, March 25, 2006

Lori
I'm back from a few days away with Joe. He had a seminar he had to attend for the CME's, he taped a commercial for his profession and some meetings to attend for some committees he boards. I went with him for the fun factor and so I could spend some time with my Uncle Rudy in Henderson. I know he is very lonely since my Aunt Irene has passed. Her birthday has just passed too.

The hotel was beautiful "Mandalay Bay" and it always amazes me how that city changes every time I go to visit. The last time I came to visit the strip it was October 2004 when I went to meet up with my childhood friend Lisa from New York. Her husband is also a Doctor has a seminar at the Paris hotel. We spend a lot of time together and it was good. Plus Joe did not have any meeting to attend so we spent a lot of time together too. My cousin told me they had 44 million visitors last year alone. That's a lot of people. They are going to tear down the Sands hotel and build a 4 billion dollar hotel in it's place. I'm not much of a gambler but I do love the roulette wheel I can play for hours and hours. I have lucky numbers and love the concept. Joe hates to gamble and rarely does it... He sits with me and bets on black or red... He had no spare time anyway with the seminar. We ate at Bobby Flay's restaurant again "The Mesa Grill" and it is still one of my very best favorite places in the world. The food is so different and amazing. Yumm!

This trip was cut short because Joe had another meeting to attend at the same time and flew out of Vegas on Friday to Washington DC. He will be returning on Tuesday, to Phoenix. My friend Vara came up on Thursday to play too. We shopped a little and had fun too.

So while he was gone I spent some real quality time with my Uncle and went shopping and had lunch together. He is the nicest person I've ever met next to my father, for they are brothers. My Uncle is going to be 87 in September and is as sharp as a tack. My dad is 80 next February. He told my cousin Robin that he knew why people came to visit a lot more when Irene was around since she was so warm and inviting plus very hospitable... But since she was gone, people do not come around as often. For he is very lonely... My cousin says the her brothers are sad to visit because it reminds them for what they have lost too... It's a double edged sword. I wish we lived closer so I could visit more often.

I'm refreshed, slowed down and relaxed when I realize how fast we move through the days that we forget to stop and smell the roses...I missed the kids so much when we were gone but I also learned that I need time away with Joe to build on our relationship too... And the kids also get to stop and look at their lives and appreciate us as parents too. I think it's good to have time away it really makes you think about how good you really have it. I sometimes get all caught up in our day to day business.

The next national meeting is in Orlando, then Long Beach, then Washington DC in 2009. I promised the kids we can go to that one as a family because I really want to show them all that history plus it is such a great town. They also want to get away for Easter and we just might do that. It's hard to leave and be gone for Holidays especially for the small ones who still believe... If you know what I mean....

Glad to be home again!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:53 AM , Blogger V said...

Sounds as if you had a great time!
V

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home